USUAL AND UNUSUAL WAYS TO BETTER SLEEP
- Make a worry list. Put the list in an imaginary balloon and release it. (Don’t worry, you can get it back in the morning if you still want it!)
- Curl your toes up then relax them.
- Establish a ritual, so your brain and body knows it’s time to sleep. It might be washing your face, brushing your teeth, 5-10 minutes of yoga or other stretching, listening to your favorite relaxing music. A good example of relaxing music is Serenity from the Harp. You can also find this CD at amazon.com. www.amazon.com/dp/B000FL87N6
- Avoid alcohol or caffeine for several hours before bedtime – 3 hours for alcohol and up to 12 hours for caffeine.
- Choose a regular waking time and bed time. Even on the weekends, try to keep the routine at least approximately the same.
- Roll your eyes upward for a few seconds, then relax them.
- Do some slow deep breaths. Count as you inhale and exhale – any number you choose.
Do you have some tips for sleeping better? Please let me know.